ProbeIt for UCCNC

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

Re: ProbeIt for UCCNC

Postby eabrust » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:56 pm

Andrew, Markcadcam,

I was able to produce the error, and its my fault :roll: Unfortunately, I'm not developing the plugins on 'clean' installs, so some of the support libraries that are shared by my other plugins are already installed, and I missed adding one to the installation zip file I pushed out. I believe if you had previously installed UCamCopy, it would have run for you no problems....

I was able to install a clean UCCNC installation, reproduce the fault, and found that I had forgotten to package the dependent library netDXF.dll with the install zip package. Please find attached the support library needed, install it into the main UCCNC folder (right alongside UCCNC.exe), and try running it again.

Once it is confirmed on your computers to be the fix, I will update the installation file on my download page.

Thanks again for your patience and help pointing out the issue! quite embarrassing... but then again, a simple fix that wasn't in the program itself. Sorry to everyone else that tried it and got hung up, certainly not my intent to waste anyone's time!

netDxf.zip
(63.55 KiB) Downloaded 642 times

regards
Eric
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Postby thegreatwaldo » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:24 am

eabrust wrote:Andrew, Markcadcam,

I was able to produce the error, and its my fault :roll: Unfortunately, I'm not developing the plugins on 'clean' installs, so some of the support libraries that are shared by my other plugins are already installed, and I missed adding one to the installation zip file I pushed out. I believe if you had previously installed UCamCopy, it would have run for you no problems....

I was able to install a clean UCCNC installation, reproduce the fault, and found that I had forgotten to package the dependent library netDXF.dll with the install zip package. Please find attached the support library needed, install it into the main UCCNC folder (right alongside UCCNC.exe), and try running it again.

Once it is confirmed on your computers to be the fix, I will update the installation file on my download page.

Thanks again for your patience and help pointing out the issue! quite embarrassing... but then again, a simple fix that wasn't in the program itself. Sorry to everyone else that tried it and got hung up, certainly not my intent to waste anyone's time!

netDxf.zip

regards
Eric

Hi Eric
That did the trick, program runs now. A bit late at night at my end to test but i'll check it out over the next few days. Thank you. It's one of the nice things about using Uccnc and this forum that questions and problems usually get solved quickly.!!
Cheers
Andrew
thegreatwaldo

Postby markcadcam » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:35 am

I will give it a try in the morning.

Thanks,
Mark
markcadcam

Postby markcadcam » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:55 pm

That fixed mine too.

Thanks,
Mark
markcadcam

Postby CL_MotoTech » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:10 pm

Yes! Going to give this a try this evening!
CL_MotoTech

Postby ThreeDJ16 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:49 pm

Nice. Hopefully I get a chance to test this weekend. Looks very nice from the vids. I need to try your probe too, what I have now sux for Z setup....
ThreeDJ16

Postby eabrust » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:06 am

Howdy all,

Just a small update, I'm still plugging away at ProbeIt slowly. Here's an update video showing progress on fixing up the X/Z axis tracing routine, and showing it imports well into Fusion360 and as plain 2D cad geometry for programs like Lightburn or VCarve/Aspire.

Once I get X/Z working well, I'll add X/Y also, and post the new updated test version for download.

Anyone that's downloaded the first test version found it to work OK ? Comments or suggestions welcome.

regards
Eric
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Postby CL_MotoTech » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:09 pm

I've only just started playing with it, but so far so good. I also love that you've packaged the mailer plugin into it. I'm planning on using mailer for some of the really long programs I have so that I don't have to toil around the garage while the machine hums away.

Do you have any intention of integrating Z touch off and tool length offset compensation? Seems to me that the only thing the plugin would really need to do beyond what it already does is to factor in the length touch probe? I'm probably way over simplifying that, but it seems reasonable in my somewhat uneducated opinion.
CL_MotoTech

Postby markcadcam » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:51 pm

I have only done some bench testing do to time constraints. I plan on do some testing on my mill this week. I really like the looks of it.

I would also like to see some kind of Z axis tool length measuring that would populate the Tool Library based on what tool numbers is called up.

Mark
markcadcam

Postby eabrust » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:55 am

CL_MotoTech wrote:I've only just started playing with it, but so far so good. I also love that you've packaged the mailer plugin into it. I'm planning on using mailer for some of the really long programs I have so that I don't have to toil around the garage while the machine hums away.

Do you have any intention of integrating Z touch off and tool length offset compensation? Seems to me that the only thing the plugin would really need to do beyond what it already does is to factor in the length touch probe? I'm probably way over simplifying that, but it seems reasonable in my somewhat uneducated opinion.

Thanks for the feedback that it is working on your end, glad to hear. FYI, the emailer in ProbeIt is currently only hooked into the 'surface' / probecloud end of the plugin currently. I'll tie it into all the X/Y, X/Z, perimeter, etc routines at a later time. I'm trying to get all the basic functions working before I start refining it. So, for general notification while running GCode, etc, you'll still want to use the separate emailer plugin.

Regarding tool length compensation, will have to think about how to deal with it. Since I don't have a machine with fixed length tools, its not something I am readily setup to test, as I manually touch tools every tool change on both my mill and router. The primary focus of ProbeIt is to be for reverse engineering/measuring/copying, but maybe at some point after I get the functionality under control, we can discuss on the forum here how to best implement tool compensation, etc, and if it makes sense given ProbeIt's purpose.

---------------------------

Plugin update, I just posted an updated version 1.001 of the plugin to download. This version has added the X/Z and Y/Z surface probing routines. In addition, it will also allow opening an existing DXF file so you can append additional data to it.

Download location is same as before:
http://www.craftycnc.com/probeit-for-uccnc/, download link at the bottom of the page.

I recommend copying all the files in the zip, and overwriting any existing you may have installed, as I've made updates to the manual, etc. You may keep your settings xml file, but it will complain about missing items until the first time you hit 'save settings'.

Please let me know of any issues found, or additional comments/suggestions are always welcome as well.

regards,
Eric
eabrust

PreviousNext

Return to Plugins